OBDS Electronic Checklist Packaging Service (ECPS)Honeywell IC-800 / IC-600 systems
The purpose of the ECPS service is to allow creation of “ready-to-load” Electronic Checklist (ECL) data-packages for HONEYWELL Primus systems, which can then be transferred directly from the operator's PC/Laptop into the MFD checklist system.
Note: Optional OBDS Archiving and Configuration control services can assist the operator in optimization of the content as well as compliance with FAA AC120-64 or equivalent. (See Option 2)
Option 1: (Free service) - provided by OBDS on behalf of Honeywell international;
- submit a valid Honeywell Checklist (.CKL) file and receive the following:
- Standalone data package configured for loading of the submitted ckl file.
- IC-600/800 transfer software and loading instructions.
- ECPS files delivered on CD-Rom (on request only and extra charges apply)
Option 2: OBDS' registered user services
- in compliance with FAA Advisory Circular 120-64.
- Secure file Archiving Services - files may be accessed at any time.
- Private OBDS web-login for management of checklist files and for group collaboration as required.
- Automatic revision and configuration control - submitted file is assigned formal part-number.
- File history may be inspected in detail by the user (or POI).
- Checklist content printout in Adobe (.pdf) format for reliable printing and A/C backup purposes.
- ECL may be maintained in parallel to Paper source documents (optional).
- Access to OBDS' on-line tools and review systems.
- Access to OBDS' value added content features (ie: checklist reset and QT formats).
- Technical Support for Chklst.exe and content issues.
Who can use the ECPS?
- Individual licensed owners of the Honeywell Electronic Checklist
Editor (CHKLST.EXE p/n:7021058) may use the ECPS in order to process
their checklists. This is a No-Charge service provided by OBDS for
An example of its utility would be if an operator needs to change out an IAC unit in the field and thus is required to reload the ECL. The Checklist can be submitted to the service using the OBDS web interface, and the resulting package downloaded for loading to the aircraft. On request, checklist loading files may also be delivered on CD-ROM.
Fleet management organizations, maintenance centres and avionic shops may use the ECPS for both processing and distribution of client checklists, however additional sub-licensing agreement with OBDS is required.
Register with OBDS for information regarding technical support, value-added content, and data services in compliance with FAA AC120-64
Note 1: Per FAA AC120-64, the content of the Loadable
checklist generated with this ECL packaging is the sole responsibility
of the User.
Note 2: No OBDS copyright data formats or content may be loaded by use of the ECPS without specific permission from OBDS.
Note 3: Both OBDS and the user disclaim copyright ownership of any submitted checklist data (while respecting Note 2).
The ECPS utilizes the Honeywell Field Loadable Software Tool (FLST) ver 1.2 as a reliable method of loading ECLs under most current operating systems and platforms.
1. For Submitting and Downloading files, an internet connection and the use of the Internet Explorer browser are required.
2. For correct operation of the Field Loadable Software Tool (FLST), the personal computer (PC) must have the minimum system configuration as follows (NOTE FLST requires older PC's in order to run properly):
• Intel Pentium© 166 MHz processor
• Microsoft Windows© 95, 98, 2000, NT 4.0, or ME
• 32 MB of RAM
• One serial port
• CD ROM drive (if Internet is not available).